Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cricut Explore Tutorial - Writing Inside a Card

I am back with another tutorial. This one was requested. I will show you how to make a card with cut outs on the front and writing inside. This will only work with the front being cut out. If you want to write or print on both the front and inside, you will have to do two separate ones and glue together.

So lets get started.



You will want a card base (#M41F28). Whatever image you want to use, I used a butterfly (#M466C5). And a score line (#M48E16).


 The trick I use to line up the score line is to use the x position and enter where you want the score line to be. For this card, it will be 4.25 Do this first so you know what size your front will be.


I choose Happy birthday using Artbooking font.


You will want to mirror every image that will be on the front of the card. This is important.


Write out everything you want to have written on the inside of the card. Make sure to change to has a writing style to find a writing font.


Once you have everything done, make sure to select all and attach.


It should be all on one mat, all together. Double check that it has the symbols for cut, score and write.


It will prompt you to insert the pen and when to insert the score tool.



I wanted to show how it would look done, but when I cut it, I forgot to change it to cardstock so the cut is ragged. I didn't want to waste another piece just for a show. So ignore the non perfect cuts. Just remember to change settings before you cut.


I used Pilot v5 pen for this. I have always loved how it writes and is a great ultra fine pen that fits in the Explore.


So there you go. You can now make your own cards and write in them too.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. You can check out all of my other tutorials on my {tutorial page}.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}



Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

I have used the following Close To My Heart products: 
Artiste Cartridge Z1790
Artbooking Cartridge Z1906
White Daisy Cardstock 1385
Adventure Fundamentals Z2032

You can order your own at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! One of the most clearly explained tutorials I’ve seen for adding text to a card. Going to give it a try. Ow.

    ReplyDelete