Monday, January 5, 2015

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Something Old, Something New

Welcome to my first post and challenge for Heart 2 Heart.

This weeks challenge is Something Old, Something New.  Now this could be using old product with new product, using an old technique in a new way, even a wedding theme with something old and something new.  However you choose to do this challenge.



I chose to do an old idea in a new way, using new products.  Shaker cards.  This has been around forever and is coming back in style.  Now I have come up with some new ways to do shakers, like when I cut our boxes in half and made a shaker ornament.  I almost did that again. I still have the other half of the box. But I wanted to use some of our brand new product from or mini inspirations idea book.  They have some new Cut Above treat kits. One for Valentines day and one for birthdays. I used the Valentine's kit.  Now it comes as one sheet of pattern cardstock, already scored to fold into a bag with a window cut out to see inside. Perfect for a shaker box.  I didn't have to cut anything at all, expect to size it to the card length. The size of the bag is smaller than the size of an A2 card. I could have cut it down so it would be a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 card, but I keep the size and used some of the paper from the Heartstrings paper pack.  I also included some of the stickers that come in the kit. I attached them to cardstock and cut them out to make giant "sequins" for the card. Now like I said, the sheet was already scored. Not really noticeable but gave me a chance to embellish. Use the new extra thick twine to cover it up and no one will ever know, except you since I told you my secret.  Trick that I use when it comes to fabric on paper, I use Liquid Glass. It works really well as a glue to glue down the project, but also seals the edges well so they don't come apart on the project.

I hope you join us at {Heart 2 Heart} to play along with this challenge. Remember, you will need to use a Close To My Heart product to play along. Order you products today at {nikkageers.ctmh.com} and start playing along.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}




Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.


Recipe:

Stamps -
   Mini Valentine M1052

Paper -
   Heartstrings Paper Pack X7193B
   White Daisy Cardstock 1385
   Cards and Envelopes X254

Ink-
   Black Ink Z2105

Other-
   Cut Above Valentine Treat Bag Kit Z2056
   Pixie Extra Thick Twine Z3035
   Foam Tape Z2060
   Liquid Glass Z679

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea - great use of old/new! I haven't done a shaker box/card in ages and this may just be my inspiration to go back and try one again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! This would be perfect to send to my aunt who's in her 80s. She hates glitter. This would be different and fun without upsetting her. Thanks for the idea. And congratulations on being a new designer. -- Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great old/new technique, Nikka!!! I, too, have recently brought back the shaker box and love it as much as I did a few years ago! Also...welcome to the Team...can't wait to see all the fabulous things you'll create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea- I have never made a shaker project but now you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete