Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tic Tac Toe Challenge At Heart 2 Heart


Hello again. I am back this week with a new challenge from {Heart 2 Heart}.




This week is my week off, but I decided to play along anyways. This weeks challenge is Tic-Tac-Toe. Get three in a row and you win. I may be channeling bingo at the moment, but I didn't want to do just a row. I thought it would be a bigger challenge to do them all. Yes, I played blackout. It was challenging, but I did it, And I think it turned out awesome.



So let me break down each step.

Here is the sketch I followed. I followed it exactly.

 

Cricut.Cuts are the honeycomb (#M45C8C) and the word bubble (#M396F9)

Embossing. I embossed everything I stamped. The trees and the word bubble. They look like I used green embossing powder, but we don't have that color. So what I did was stamped in pigment ink and used clear embossing powder. This was you can have whatever color you would like, as long as you have the ink color.  If you don't have pigment ink, you can stamp the color, then stamp over with Versamark. But the pigment ink stays wet for a while. Embossing also helps the ink from smudging. I also used the embossing/piercing tool on the wood grain paper.
 Close up of the embossing. 


Stamping. The trees and the word bubble. 

Ribbon. I kinda fudged this. I used baker's twine as my ribbon.

Distressing. I used the embossing/ piercing tool to make 'grain' on the wood grain paper so I could sand it. Looks interesting in person.

Manly. I used masculine papers from Dakota, Timberline and Wildwood Assortment for a hiking layout. 

Bling. I used the baker's twine for this as well. It has metallic strand in the twine. 

Scrapbook. 

That is all of them. All nine categories. 

I hope this inspires you to join. You only need to do three in a row. And you need to use some sort of Close To My Heart product to join this challenge.

You can place your order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com} and then come back to play with us.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}



Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.



Recipe:

Stamps -
   It's Your Day (retired)
   A Journey (retired)

Paper -
   White Daisy Cardstock 1385
   Goldrush Cardstock 1243
   My Crush Wildwood Assortment Z2040
   Timberline Paper Pack (retired)
   Dakota Paper Pack (retired)
   Dreamin' Paper Pack (retired)

Ink -
   Ponderosa Pine (Enchantment Pigment Set) Z2502

Other -
   Clear Embossing Powder Z2088
   Metallic Baker's Twine Z1921
   Artiste Cartridge Z1790
   Artbooking Cartridge Z1906
   My Crush Wildwood Assortment Z2040
   Sanding Kit Z1294
   Piercing & Embossing Tool Kit Z2046
   Journaling Pen Z1979
   Ruler Z1471
   Liquid Glass Z679
   Bonding Memories Pen Z553
   Timberline Assortment (retired)

3 comments:

  1. You did blackout this challenge, how awesome! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WIN! Your layout is really handsome, and I love how you blacked out your H2H tic-tac-toe board. We're so glad you've joined the H2H DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you pointed out each item because I was searching for each of them - having a hard time finding the bling until I read that it was part of the twine... And yes, all 9 elements are there! Wow! That is a true challenge met! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete