Monday, February 9, 2015

Cricut Explore Tutorial - Attach vs Slice


Hello again. Back with a new tutorial. I see this come up a lot so I wanted to do a tutorial. Which to use, Attach or Slice.

Slice permanently alters the image. You use it to make new images or cut off parts of images.

You can remove part of the card, leaving the detailed part.



You take a negative and make it a positive.



You can cut an image in half.



You use attach to cut an image without altering.

Use attach to cut text out of a card.




To cut a circle to make an EOS card.



When you attach, it will still cut out the original image inside the image. If you do not want that, slice instead.



If you want to get rid of part of an image, use contour for an easier way instead of slice.  Here is my {contour tutorial}

I hope this clarifies the difference. If you enjoyed this tutorial, check out my {tutorial page} for my other tutorials.

Please join my {Facebook group} for updates on new tutorials, artwork and specials.


Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.


I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

Remember, you can print my tutorials or save them a pdf by clicking the print friendly button below.

I have used the following Close To My Heart Products, which you can order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

Artiste Cartridge Z1790
Artbooking Cartridge Z1906
Artfully Sent Cartridge Z3017

No comments:

Post a Comment