Monday, February 16, 2015

enTWINEd challenge at Heart 2 Heart

wrrereeee
Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}. EnTWINEd is this weeks challenge. You can take that however you would like. A love layout, flowers on a vine, or use your favorite twine on a project. This week is up to you.


I have been seeing this type of project a lot, with twine or string wrapped in a loose circle around the focal point and I wanted to have my take on it.


No Cricut on this card, which is kinda weird. I am still working on how to upload my stamps to make them cut. I tried on the butterfly but didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, so I fussy cut. I hate fussy cutting. This is why I got my Cricut, so I wouldn't have to.

Back to the card. I used hemp instead of twine, but I still think it fits the challenge, especially since it entwines the butterfly. I had to dig through my stash to find it, but yay for using my stash. I used Liquid Glass to adhere it to the card.  I cut the washi tape and the shimmer trim down with my paper trimmer to have them thinner. So easy to do with adhesive backed items. It doesn't move, so you can cut them pretty thin. I also colored the sequins with my ShinHan markers. The stamps are hostess only stamps. You must have a $150 order, whether it be just you or as a gathering, but they are discounted and you use your free hostess credit.

I hope you enjoyed my project. We would like it if you where to play along with us. Remember you must use a Close To My Heart product to play along. To place your order, head to {nikkageers.ctmh.com}. Then come back and play, you have all month to enter,

Please join my {Facebook group} to get updates on new tutorials, artwork and specials. 

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.


I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.


Recipe:

Butterfly Thanks 

Stamps -
   B1471   Variety Of Thanks (Hostess Only Stamp Set)
   C1606   A Thing Well Done (Hostess Only Stamp Set)

Paper-
   X254   Cards And Envelopes

Ink-
   Z2195   Lagoon Ink Pad
   Z2105   Black Ink Pad
   Z2455   Light Orange ShinHan Marker

Other-
   Z1923   Smoothie Washi Tape
   Z3024   White Shimmer Tape
   Z2013   Silver Sequins
   Z1151   3D Foam Tape
   Z679   Liquid Glass
   Retired   Black Hemp

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Nikka, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Nikka. Off to pin it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, elegant and one-of-a-kind. I like it! Like you, I got a Cricut to avoid fussy cutting, and also to help make titles without alphabet stickers. I dislike both. -- Cynthia

    ReplyDelete