Monday, June 1, 2015

Cricut Explore Tutorial - Faux Stitching


I love the look of these new dies that have a faux stitch along the border. So of course I had to figure out how to do this in Design Space.


It shows up a little more in person, but looks beautiful.
 So let me show you how.

 The main component in this is the score line. You can do this on any shape, although doing rounded shapes or circles take a bit more work for placement. For this tutorial I will be using a rectangle. You can find both of these when you click insert shapes.


 Change the height of the score line. If you want longer stitches, make it little longer. I found .1 was perfect for me.

 Click on the score line in layers and choose cut instead of score.


Then start duplicating. I do about 3. We will be doing more later.


You will need to distribute vertically and also center horizontally. This will give you an even stitch.


Now the quickest way to make the line is to copy and paste. Duplicate will change the position so copy and paste is important. Keep doing this until you get the size you want. While doing this, keep using the center and distribute option to keep even and lined up.

 Once you get the amount you want, select and attach. You can always detach if you need to change anything.

























Once you place your stitching on your image, remember to select all and attach. If you don't, your stitching will not cut on the image.

How awesome is this? I do recommend saving just the stitching so you can open it up later and not have to go through the steps again. Also do a single stitch, it comes in handy. You will be able to detach to add more or take off.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

If you would like to check out my other tutorials, visit my {tutorial page}.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork, videos or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}.

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

If you would to like to recreate any of my projects, you can order the materials at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}.




3 comments:

  1. i have been wanting to know how to do that for ages, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a way to do stitching without having to buy all the dies. Thanks! Any thoughts on how to do shapes like circles or hearts?

    ReplyDelete