Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ice Cream Dream - June Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop


Welcome to this months blog hop. This month we are featuring Ice Cream Dream. 


This hop is a circle hop. That means just keep hopping until you start back where you started. If you have been hopping, you will be coming from the amazing {Katy Taylor}. Next in the blog hop is the creative {Melissa Robinson}.




I always try to think outside of the box when it comes to the stamp of the month. Sometimes I can't. This is not one of those stamps. 


This first started out as a one layer card. I sponged the balloon (#M45A50). But I ended up smearing the embossing, and there is no way to fix that. So I cut out the actual balloon and placed it on top. And since I had to add that piece, I use foam adhesive and popped it up.

I used a lot of masking to make the sentiment. I use happy and you from "you are my happy". The "to" was extreme masking. From the large sentiment in this sotm, I use the "t" from "can't" and the "o" from "you". Like I said, extreme masking. Washi tape was my friend.
Birthday is from Joyful Birthdays and I have those stamps cut in half so I can use just birthday, or happy. Otherwise, just mask off the happy part. Don't worry about cutting your stamps apart. It is easy to do and they will fit right back into the rest of the stamp and no one would know you even cut them.

 I embossed after every word so I could see where I stamped, and to make sure the were able to emboss properly. I used my home made embossing buddy, cornstarch in nylons, to help with the stray powder. It doesn't get rid of them all, but its better than not using one.

I wanted to share a sneak peek using this stamp set in my next Create Your Card video. Here is the link to my {video}


I hope you enjoy this blog hop. Keep hopping along with {Melissa Robinson}.

You can purchase this stamp set for $5 with a $50 purchase. 

If you would to like to recreate any of my projects, you can order the materials at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork, videos or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.
.



Recipe:

Stamps -
   S1506  Ice Cream Dreams
   B1419  Joyful Birthday

Paper -
   X5927  Ruby Cardstock
   X254  Cards And Envelope

Ink -
   Z2170  Ruby Ink Pad
   Z891  Versamark Ink Pad
   Z1979  Journaling Pen

Other -
   Z1790  Artiste Cricut Cartridge
   Z2068  White Embossing Powder
   Z1151  3D Foam Tape
   Z555  Craft Heater

5 comments:

  1. Great card for all ages! Balloons.....you are really thinking "out of the Box" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is some amazing masking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to think outside the box! Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you used the two stamps together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job using this stamp set for something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete