Monday, April 6, 2015

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Checkerboard


We have a new challenge for you over at {Heart 2 Heart}. This week we want to see your checkerboard ideas.




I have another cake inspiration from {cakewrecks.com} Sunday Sweets.The wrecks are funny, but Sunday Sweets have these beautiful done cakes. Works of art. This isn't really my style, but I knew this would be a great inspiration.



I may have saved this cake just for this challenge, I don't remember.  But it is perfect. I love the half heart look. Very different and cool.


I used my Cricut a lot here. Simple. In Design Space, took my square, and placed it on top and attached. It cut all out and in half. Embossed 3 half of hearts with gold embossing. 

The images I used were Love You #M3DBB9 , heart #M46EAC, and rectangle #M47639.



I hope you join us this week for our checkerboard challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}. You must use some Close To My Heart.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.



I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

Don't miss any of the specials going on this month. I have an {anniversary} special, join my {Facebook group} to get even more out of the anniversary special, and the grab bag special you can find  at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}


Recipe:

Love You Layout

Paper -
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock 
   1246  Hollyhock Cardstock  
   X5773  Pixie Cardstock  
   Heartstrings (retired)

Ink -
   Z891  Versamark
   Z2066  Gold Embossing Powder
   Z1906  Artbooking Cartridge
   Z1686  Art Philosophy Cartridge

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, this is beautiful! I love that you used the cake as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw your post, I couldn't figure out how your idea fit the theme until I came here... Now it makes total sense! What a FABULOUS and SUPER CREATIVE idea! I'm so impressed! Terrific work :)

    ReplyDelete