Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Challege # 5

Welcome to this weeks challenge. Below is the sketch. The challenge is to do a one layer card with one ribbon. For those who don't know, a one layer card is just one piece of cardstock, no more paper added. So here is where you stamps shine. I had a hard time with one layer. One of the cards I made for this did not turn out. But now that I made some, they are so hard. I like the simplitic look that comes from one layer cards. Here are the two cards that did make it. Embossing is an easy way to decorate one layer cards because you can do it with just the cardstock. As you can see, I embossed on both cards.



Recipe : Close to my Heart unless stated
{Love} card
Cardstock - Parchment
Stamp - Treasures of the Heart, Chocolate Alphabet Small, A Little Everything, Serendipity
Ink - Chocolate, Garden Green
Colonial White Ribbon Rounds
D'vine Swirl Embossing Plate (Cuttlebug)
Congrats Card
Cardstock - White Daisy
Stamp - Doodle Alphabet
Ink - Black
Embossing Stylus
Black Dotted Organdy Ribbon (Michaels)
I have been having problems with linky, so just add you blog in the comments.
Can't wait to see yours.




3 comments:

  1. Hi, Nikka! I'm joining your weekend challenge for the one layer card. (It's my first challenge!) Please check out the card I made which is posted on my blog, http://scrappinbeckyb.blogspot.com

    Thanks for looking and have a fun and safe July 4th weekend!

    Becky B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikka!! I just did my challenge!! I have it on my blog, and have linked it to yours. :0) I am pretty excited about it and have also put it on the ctmh bb as well. :0) FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finally managed some time crafting, and made a single layer card with one ribbon. Love the push to random stamp. It's really fun. Thanks!
    http://denajhughes.blogspot.com/2010/07/weekend-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete